Sunday, August 8, 2010

Special Feature: from behind the scenes of the Uganda mission project

When the mission team asked me, the new little assistant to CCO's missions director, to write a special blog entry, I wondered what I had to say that might be of interest; they told me they wanted a behind-the-scenes look at the preparation that went into getting this mission off the ground.
Even from my limited involvement, joining staff in the midst of the planning of this mission, I could tell that this was going to be a unique and very special project. This is, first of all, CCO's first mission to Africa, one that I hope will create connections for many future missions. The mission team is also smaller than most, and a powerhouse of leaders.
Before having the opportunity to spend the weekend with them as they prepared for their departure, my experience of the mission was limited to tracking their donations, booking their flights and obtaining their visas - a task that proved much more challenging than anticipated. After many phone calls and visits to the Uganda Consulate, each presenting yet another problem with the forms, all the miscommunication was cleared up and we finally received all 8 visas. Reflecting on all the problems we'd had, I commented that God must have something incredible up his sleeve for this mission if spiritual warfare was even extending to the visa applications! I can't wait (like all of you, I'm sure) to hear exactly what God has in store for the rest of this mission! And to the team - I am keeping each of you in my prayers!
~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment